2015年5月7日木曜日

Online Writing Support in Japan

Int the last class, we covered many universities' writing help office like Purdue University's or Harvard College's, which are very helpful when write an essay, and some useful tools, such as Analyze My Writing, which automatically analyze my essay.

I found many efficient websites of writing organized by globally prominent universities, which everyone can view and refer to. And this is apparently different from most Japanese universities, because they only provide general information about their writing support system, and no online specific advice or points of writing.
I thought Japanese universities too, need online guide of writing, but not just imitating Western universities.
As I checked the websites of Western universities, I felt that certainly students can learn many points in writing English essays by them, but for me, I need some guide of writing a Japanese essay, too.
Of course I don't need tips of Japanese writing in this RW class or other English classes, but I  sometimes need such guide when I wright a Japanese essay for Japanese class. Actually I got almost no information about Japanese writing through ICU's curriculum, compared to English writing.
I know that writing in English is more important and needed to master as ICU's policy, but I think we need a bit more guide of writing in Japanese, because Japanese students can't avoid it if they live in Japan.
So I think Japanese universities, including ICU, need helpful and useful online guides of writing, which meet the demands of students.

1 件のコメント:

  1. Did you know that we have a writing support desk in the library?

    返信削除